To add/create a matter, log in to your LawGro account:
1. Once logged in, click Quick Add (+) on the header, then click Matter.
2. Add Number, if any specific to the matter. If you have configured Matter Number Format under Matter Options, then it will be shown while creating a matter and can be changed at matter level, based on your requirements. Any changes that you make on matter number, will only impact the current matter and not any existing or future matters.
3. Choose Contact from the dropdown list.
4. Enter Matter, Description, and Assigned to.
5. Choose appropriate Fee Structure.(To know more about fee structures, click here.)
6. Capture more details like matter Open date, Closed date, Expected close date, Related Contacts and Tags under More.
7. Click Save.
Once you save, you’ll be redirected to the matter page.
NOTE: In the case of fee structure, the amount you enter should be a positive value and it gets rounded off to decimal value 2, e.g., 14362.363 will be 14362.36.
Learn more about Matters
Assign team members to matter
Add custom fields to matter
Add tag to matters
View invoice raised for a matter
Customize matter number/default options for matter
How do I track invoiced matters?
Close a matter
Re open a matter
Using filters to sort matter